CPC certification is now legally required for almost all professional drivers holding Category C or Category D licences. Current bus and truck drivers will need to do 5 days training every 5 years covering the following topics:
- Advanced Training in Rational Driving Based on Safety Regulations
- Application of Regulations
- Health, Road and Environmental Safety, Service, Logistics
At Advance Logistics Support we provide quality and relevant Driver CPC approved training courses at our training centres in Northampton and Rugby. Our trainers are highly experienced and passionate to deliver exceptional training courses.
For those companies with a larger workforce, on site courses can be arranged and discounts are available for larger candidate numbers. Onsite training is available 7 days a week to suit your requirements.
Completing your Driver CPC training with one of our expert trainers at Advance Logistics Support will:
- Improve road safety
- Support the road freight and passenger transport industries by providing savings through more fuel efficient and defensive driving and help the industries with staff recruitment and retention.
- Raise the profile of the driving profession through maintaining skills levels, improving career opportunities and enhancing the image of drivers as ‘professionals’.
- Help the environment through reduced fuel consumption and vehicle wear and tear
All modules are 3.5 hours and course modules are oﬀered in pairs. To see our list of upcoming courses for a list dates and locations click here.
All courses are based on a maximum of 20 delegates, except on-road practical which is for only two drivers.
Total cost for a day is from £59.95*, including registration, upload and certification fees. Lunch and refreshments are also included for all courses held at our onsite training centres. Details of external and bespoke course are available upon request.
|Module No.||Module Description||LGV||CLASS||PCV|
|251||Customer Care (LGV)||+||LVG|
|252||Defensive Driving (LGV)||+||LGV|
|253||Drivers' Hours and Working Time||+||+|
|255||Eco Driving On Road Practical Pt. 1||+||No mix||+|
|256||Eco Driving On Road Practical Pt. 2||+||No mix||+|
|257||Walkround Checks||+||No mix||+|
|258||Manual Handling, Health & Safety and Banksman||+||No mix||+|
|260||Safe Loading (LGV)||+||LGV|
|261||Driver Essentials||+||No mix||+|
|262||Driver Legal Requirements||+||No mix||+|
|263||Driver Safety and Wellbeing||+||+|
|264||Drugs & Alcohol Awareness||+||+|
|265||Customer Care (PCV) Pt. 1||PCV||+|
|266||Disability Awareness (PCV) – 1 in 4 People||PCV||+|
|267||The School Run (PCV)||PCV||+|
|268||Disability Awareness and Epilepsy*||PCV||+|
|270||Dealing with emergencies||PCV||+|
|272||Conflict Management*||+||No mix||+|
|273||Safe Coupling, Signalling and Manoeuvring for LGV Drivers and Road Workers*||LGV|
No mix – PCV and LGV drivers cannot attend the same course together
* Not generally available to all Members
- ROSCO Driver Safety Awareness (CRS11866/612) - 7 hours (non-modular)
- First Aid (CRS7065/612) - 7 hours (non-modular) Trainers must be registered First Aid Trainers